Quite a few Ukrainian enterprises need support for future development while overcoming various challenges and searching for new opportunities. We have prepared a list of grant programs, competitions, and other opportunities for Ukrainian businesses from international funds, leading global companies, the European Union, and the Ukrainian government.
1. Ukrainian Startup Fund provides grants up to $35,000 to support projects which help to bring the victory closer. The projects must be dual-purpose so they can receive the funds as they not only satisfy existing market demand but also benefit the state — meaning increase its defense capability or help in reconstruction in the future. It can be a business in the field of defense, cyber security, infrastructure reconstruction, health care, or education.
2. USAID Competitive Economy Program in Ukrainehas announced the opening of the grant program to support and restore business. This program aims to facilitate restoring, supporting, and developing Ukrainian business as well as expansion on the foreign market, etc. The program will provide 50 grants from ₴600,000 to ₴1,2M. There are also other opportunities on the USAID website.
3. Google for Startups Ukraine Support Fund will provide $5M to support Ukrainian businesses. Approximately 50 companies, which were founded before the 24th of February 2022, can receive the grants. Additionally, every startup will receive Google Cloud and support from Google managers.
4. Pan-European network of startup associations EIC Ukrainian Tech started a project to support Ukrainian startups, for which €20M were allocated. The project is aimed at developing Ukrainian business, building an ecosystem of innovative startups, and supporting the national economy. 200 Ukrainian startups and SMEs (small and medium enterprises) can receive up to €60,000.
5. Demium Central Europe Talent Fund I FCREplans to support talented Ukrainian startups. The purpose of the fund is to invest in European companies and promote innovation. As part of the initiative, Demium plans to invest up to €100,000 in each of 25 Ukrainian startups.
6. UCU business school has become a co-founder of 7-wings Fund. Its purpose is to help startups, which have suffered from the war. The project was created to build a network of partners who are ready to support Ukraine. 7-wings Fund provides grants of $50,000 for Ukrainian startups.
8. Ukrainian government grant program “ЄРОБОТА” started on the 1st of July. Its purpose is to financially support startups, small and medium-sized businesses. The program has 6 grants: for your own business, a garden, a greenhouse, processing manufacturer, IT start-ups, and for studing in the field of information technologies. The overall amount of support is from ₴250,000 to ₴8M.
9. Creative Business Survival Kit from theHouse of Europe — an urgent help for creative business. The program provides €1,000 and professional consultations for support and development of creative business. There are other opportunities for creative entrepreneurs and startups on the House of Europe website.
10. MHP community charitable foundation has opened the competition “Роби своє” for craft producers from small towns and villages of Ukraine. Entrepreneurs (or future entrepreneurs) from Vinnytsa, Cherkasy, Dnipro, Kyiv, Lviv, Khmelnytskyi, Chernihiv, Sumy, and Volyn regions can take part in the program.
11. The European Union, within the EU4Business initiative, provides special loans for small and medium-sized enterprises through the Ukrainian bank network. The program aims to support small and medium-sized enterprises, agribusiness, and “green” entrepreneurship.
12. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides help for startups and Ukrainian media through allocating loans (which work like grants) for using the company’s services in the amount of up to $100,000 under an accelerated procedure.
13. New Venture Competition (NVC) — is an intensive study program from UCU Entrepreneurship Center for everyone who is interested in entrepreneurship and wants to learn more about the startup ecosystem and test their innovative ideas in practice.
14. IdeasLab — student accelerator, founded by UСU Entrepreneurship Center. Its mission is to create an environment which will encourage students to explore modern issues and challenges, develop an entrepreneurial vision, and also to transform ideas into viable products. The program is now postponed, but ideas can be registered and IdeasLab will notify the participants about the start of the selection.
15. GIGACLOUD Ukrainian business support program provides an opportunity to use the public cloud twice as cheap, to place a socially important project in the cloud for free, to get free licenses for data backup and protection, and to migrate from Russian software.
16. The Ministry of foreign affairs of Ukraine launched a NAZOVNI platform. This service is aimed to help Ukrainian producers to export their products. The platform is aimed to help the producers of food products, as well as creative agencies and IT companies.
17. Greencubator is planning the next wave of Climate Innovation Vouchers for small and medium-sized businesses of Ukraine. Applicants can receive a grant up to €50,000 for the development or implementation of a “green” innovation. Follow the news on the website and in social networks.
We hope that you have found useful information to develop your business and your ideas. We continue monitoring the programs of support and opportunities for Ukrainian business and will tell about them in our next digests.
The Greencubator team also continues to support and develop Ukrainian “green” startups – preparation for the national selection in the ClimateLaunchpad project is currently underway, and recommendations are being prepared for the EBRD regarding potential beneficiaries of the Climate Innovation Vouchers project. So soon we will reward our new “green” champions!
We also continue to support the Armed Forces of Ukraine with technological gear and equipment by working daily in the Group 35 charitable foundation. Join us!